To maintain the program consistency of NetMission.Asia and build upon the relationship between the members of the NetMission.Asia and the community, the role of NetMission Buddy has been newly established in 2019. To further strengthen our community, we are recruiting NetMission alumni to become the Buddy for NetMission Academy 2021 now!
- Mentor new NetMission Academy fellows to help them better understand the community and Internet-governance-related issues.
- Guide them to prepare for the particular training session of NetMission Academy 2021.
- Hold internal call(s) with the ambassadors in the working group to get prepared for the presentation on the Training session.
- Follow up with the ambassadors if they understand the topics after every training session.
- Encourage the NetMission Academy fellows to join at least one of the working groups (e.g. ThinkTank, etc.) formed by the community of NetMission.Asia alumni.
- Have successfully completed a NetMission Ambassador Program or NetMission Academy before.
- NetMission Buddy is required to attend at least one of the training sessions of NetMission Academy 2021 (including the training session of your assigned training session preparation group).
- Opportunity to receive mentorship from youth experts in the IG topic you are interested in and going to lead in NetMission Academy 2021.
- Opportunity to hold webinar(s) as moderator(s).
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria
- Their written explanation of how they want to continue their engagement in Internet Governance; and
- How they have remained active in Internet Governance and/or the works of the regional or global Internet-governance-related events, conferences and/or forums since their initial experience in NetMission;
- How they plan on engaging the new NetMission Academy fellows before, during, and after the NetMission Academy;
- A brief outline or plan of their own participation in the Academy may also be considered.
Application Deadline: 19 April 2020 (Sunday) 23:59 UTC